Terms of Reference
Job title: GhaFFaP Business Incubation Coordinator
Service: Business Incubation (including access to finance and markets)
Reports to: GhaFFaP NEC through the Program Associate
The Incubator Manager will be the prime interface for entrepreneurs and responsible for managing the operations, planning, marketing and development of the business / technology Incubator. This position requires a team player with leadership qualities, excellent marketing skills, a professional and positive attitude, organization and dependability.
The Incubator Manager will be completely responsible for leading the incubator operations. This would be inclusive of the following:
- Overall planning the activities, resources, budgets and operations of the Incubator.
- Pre-incubation: Deal Flow generation, Screening of proposals, Research, Patent landscaping, working with GhaFFaP members and entrepreneurs for their proposals, resenting proposals to the next level for selecting incubates.
- Incubation: Lead formation of new business and provide incubation facilities to enable commercialization of the business: To induct new entrepreneurs; create Incubation plans and implement them, assist in writing business plans, keep track of the Incubation process; help the incubates prepare proposals for getting credit, etc.
- Events and workshops: Plan various workshops/events/webinars for the Incubator, and execute the same with the help of team members and private partners.
- Mentor Network: Develop the mentor network for the Incubator and work with them to make the Incubated venture successful.
- Partnerships: Forge partnerships with other organizations for providing services to the incubates or the incubator; marketing the incubator, sponsorships…etc. Liaison with the government and industries.
- Marketing the Incubator and Business Development: Be the face of the Incubator and actively promote it through various channels etc.
- Access to finance for Incubatee businesses: Work in co-ordination with GhaFFaP staff, NEC and BIT for setting up access to finance models for implementing business plans of GhaFFaP members.
- Building and Managing the business Incubator team.
- Prepare all required reports and maintain a comprehensive set of records on all activity, client and partners activity etc.
- Promote and facilitate the implementation of the GhaFFaP access to finance model and the lead the GhaFFaP Green Market implementation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from an accredited university. Master’s Degree in Business Administration is desirable.
- 5 to 10 years experience in a business incubator, a start-up advisory or any kind of entrepreneurial experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of the dynamics of access to finance and markets challenges and opportunities for smallholder FFPOs
- Must be Computer literate.
- Should have excellent communication and writing skills in the English language. Additional knowledge in French will be an advantage
Submission of interest
Interested candidates may submit their application (CV and Letter of interest) to:
The Program Associate
P.O. Box NX 37, New Tafo, Kumasi-Ghana
Email address: info @ ghaffap.org and copy to email@example.com
Deadline for Submission: 17:00GMT on 15 February,2024